Monday, February 27, 2012

You're So Foxy

I think it’s only right that I address a matter that’s very dear to my heart. Well, no really a “matter”, but rather a person. This person is someone whom I’ve looked up to and admired since I was 10 years old (that’s 19 years!). They’ve been in my life longer than most of the people I know today. Without this person, I would not be who I am today. That wonderful person is Gwen Stefani.
Okay, so you were probably expecting this person to be someone I actually know (on February 14th, 2000 I did meet Gwen and the rest of No Doubt and was lucky enough talk to them and get both my arms autographed by everyone in the band – it was AMAZING!).

Gwen's autograph (bottom) and Tony Kanal's autograph (top)
February 14, 2000
 
Tom Dumont (top) and Adrian Young (bottom)
February 14, 2000

Okay, so I don’t personally know Gwen, or rather, Gwen doesn’t personally know me since I am the one with the Gwen-diction (see what I did there… Gwen-diction… do you think that term will trend?). Anyways, the point of my ramblings is that since I was a little girl I have admired and looked up to Gwen Stefani. She was always, still is today and will be forever, my idol in every sense of the word.
So, without further ado, let’s get down to it!
Gwen is a fashion icon and beyond. First and foremost is her formidable platinum blonde hair and red, matte lips. Highly recognizable and desirable, when you think platinum blonde, Gwen Stefani is one of the first to come to mind. I was only able to achieve perfect “Gwen” hair once. I am currently on the path to becoming a full-blown blonde, but I’m taking it slow this time around.

Gwen’s style is a masterpiece to desire. Her designs and innovations in fashion are unique, bold and enchanting. It’s everything a girl could want. I love looking back at Gwen during No Doubt’s Tragic Kingdom era (and even earlier with No Doubt and Beacon Street Collection) and remember how I worshiped everything about her (actually, to this day, I still do!).

Gwen's style has grown, yet it still maintains an identity that cannot be duplicated and is undoubtedly hers.

 Her L.A.M.B collection is one of my favourite! And, I could not be more excited for Gwen's Fall 2012 collection. Inspired by styles of the 1960s, Gwen's ideal customer is a fashion-forward girl: "My ideal customer is a fashion-forward girl, an individual who needs her clothes to perform like classic sportswear. She enjoys her fashion, loves her style, likes to express herself and not look like everyone else. Her clothes should cruise along with everything else that she loves in her life and not be difficult or restricting to wear." Visit http://www.l-a-m-b.com/ to see this collection and more. 

All in all, Gwen is a force to be reckoned with. She's an unstoppable beauty and an inspiration. Thank you, Gwen - for all that you've done and all that you've yet to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment