Monday, March 5, 2012

Dear "Dress" Shirt, I love you

I am officially in love with the “dress” shirt! I stumbled upon it recently during one of my perusals through one of the many, many magazines lying around my apartment (I really need a better organization system…). I locked eyes with this beauty and that was it. I knew it was meant to be. It really was love at first sight.
This style has been popping up in a number of designer’s repertoire as of late. It’s simple, crisp and clean. It’s beyond versatile – think of what you can do with it! Perhaps your “dress” skirt is less of a dress and more of a long shirt – try pairing it with a short skirt (a bold colour would be great) and leave the shirt un-tucked (any reason for me not to tuck my shirt it is a wonderful innovation!). When that “dress” shirt is dress length you are the proud owner of a delicious outfit! A white “shirt” dress with a pair of bright coloured wedges with some chunky bracelets – yes please! Oooh, and add a belt to that too. This outfit just keeps getting better and better!
I have yet to add this fantastic piece to my wardrobe, but I know it’s only a matter of time. I can already picture myself in one! These are two that I am particularly fond of:

DKNY - it even has an asymmetrical skirt! Love it!!

Lauren by Ralph Lauren - adorable for the spring/summer months. Throw on a cardigan and you're ready to go!

I could go on and on about the "dress" shirt, but I will leave you to fantasize about all the possibilities that are out there for this to-die-for necessity to any gals closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment